Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Cornerstone

"Christ alone, Cornerstone,
Weak made strong
in the Savior's Love
Through the storm,
He is Lord, Lord of all."

These are the lyrics to one of my very favorite songs right now by Hillsong.  Recently God's been doing a work in my heart about Him being my Cornerstone.

The definition of cornerstone is an indispensable and fundamental basis.

I don't know about you, but I so want the Lord to be my indispensable and fundamental basis.  Him, my Cornerstone. My Foundation.  My Rock. My Basis.

Being young, I get so excited seeing my whole life in front of me and what He will do in my life in the years to come.  There are so many possibilities, so many places He could take me. Sometimes I forget, though, that He has something for me right here.  Right now.  I can't help but wonder what I've missed by looking forward, instead of looking to Him for right now.  I get ahead of myself and can't wait until I can get out into the world and do "real missions." This is so silly, so foolish of me to think this way. I need to be faithful in the small things, the mundain things, the seemingly unimportant things.  I know exactly what this means for me, and wow, I have some growing to do.  It means meeting a need for this precious girl.  It means showing the love of Christ at school.  It means saying yes to Christ even in the small decisions I make.  And it means trusting Him.

I think my "word" of this year that God has given me is trust. Especially with big decisions about college and my future coming fast, I really need to seek Him and trust. I've never had to make big decisions like this before, ones that will alter my life so significantly.  I really think God wants to work on me in this area, trusting Him and just being faithful to whatever He calls me to.  Whatever small or big thing He asks me to do.  I am so thankful for His relentless love for me!

I'll leave you with the link to the song Cornerstone.  Go take a listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWHgvkEPJiQ


"My hope is built on nothing less,
than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly trust in Jesus' name."


-Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment