Saturday, January 11, 2014

Updating {School}

School:

Since August, I have been extremely busy with finishing my high school career (graduation in June!) as a senior.  The last five months of school have consisted of many long nights, the typical list of acronyms that come along with being an IB student (EE's, IA's, TOK, etc.), applications for college, football games (go Noles!), youth group activities, and I have grown so dependent on the Lord.  There have been a lot of all-nighters finishing homework where I have had to remind myself over and over again that while the project I am working on has no eternal relevance, my attitude and reliance on God while I am completing it has eternal impact.  So, I have been trying to keep my mind on Heaven and finish this race for His glory.

This year I have been extremely blessed with being able to continue leading a high school girls' Bible study at my house, called Ladies After Christ's Example (LACE).  The group meets every other Tuesday and we unpack what the Bible has to say about being godly women; it is such an awesome opportunity as we make disciples and get so much closer to each other as Jesus molds our hearts.  I also have the blessing of being able to lead with my school's Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) club which meets every Friday in our media center.  It is such a humbling and joyous occasion every Friday as we publicly worship the Lord as random students are walking in and out of the library, trying to figure out what we could possibly be doing.  Oh, the freedom we have to serve the Lord here in America is amazing!  I pray that I never take this for granted.

Now I'll try to attempt answering everyone's number one question of the year, "What are you doing after high school?"... I have no idea.  Well, actually that is a fallacy- I have plenty of ideas, I am just waiting for God to close some doors and open some others to see where He is leading.  My ideas of my ideal future include;  I want to be a full-time missionary in Africa, I want to go to college (maybe Moody Bible Institute?), I want to be a godly mother and wife, I want to travel the world telling people about Christ, I want to finish my bucketlist, I want to teach English to adults, I want to to teach kindergarten, I want to build a school, I want to adopt- but most of all, I want to fall in love with Jesus every day.  

As of now, I am spending a month in Haiti this summer, but I am unsure of where I will be in a year.  I am unsure if I will be living in a dorm in college or a hut in the middle-of-nowhere.  But I am learning to embrace the unknown and trust Jesus in this time of unpreparedness.  I invite you on this journey with me as I await direction from God, and I encourage you to live life now, even when your future is uncharted. 

You call me out upon the waters, the great unknown, 
where feet may fail, and there I find You in the mystery,
in oceans deep, my faith will stand,
and I will call upon Your name, and keep my eyes above the waves,
when oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace, 
for I am Yours, and You are mine. 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders,
Let me walk upon the waters, wherever You would call me,
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, 
And my faith will be made stronger, 
in the Presence of my Savior.

This song sums up my life quite well.  Thank you, Hillsong!  I love that Jesus does not wait for us to be prepared, for Him to come.  He comes in the middle of the storms, He does not wait for your life to be clean- He is here for the messy!  He came while we were still sinners.  Oh, what a glorious Savior!

In Christ's love,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment