Tuesday, July 15, 2014

10 July 2014 {Z'oranges}

Update: I am currently in Port and using a friend's computer to do updates.  I will most likely not have anymore access to the internet until I return to the States in mid-August.  The following posts are entries from my journal.  God is so good!

We arrived in Z'oranges via Gabriel (army truck) and were soon welcomed to this humble, beautiful village by the shouts of joy, hugs and kisses, and opened arms of our local friends- especially the little ones.  Perhaps they are happy because they know Jesus, or maybe because they know we always come bearing small gifts, or maybe they just can't wait to be shown affection- but either way, I choose to open my arms back.  I hold my little friend, Fatzi*, and she showers me with kisses and sweet whispers of "mwen renmen ou", and I say it back.  Because I do, I truly do love this child- not because she shows me affection, and not because I am forced to, but because I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to love this child.  And at the same time, my Jesus picks me up and enjoys when I show Him I am in love with Him as well.  He ignores my fleshly smell and all of my filth and chooses to love me.  So as my Jesus has always chosen to love me where I am, I have decided to follow suit and truly love this child.  And the next one, and the next one.  My heart overflows with joy because I have the power of the Holy Spirit in me to look past the discomfort and filth of this country and see these people the way my Father does.  Oh that they would come to know Him.  Thanking my Jesus for my first day in Haiti.  Teachers' Conference tomorrow!  Wooh!

***The name of this child has been changed for security purposes.


Preparing the night before!

View from the plane!

We have arrived in Port!

No comments:

Post a Comment